Thursday 6 October 2011

Celebrity corner

I went to a book signing of Supper Club at the Big Green Bookshop near my house last night and finally got to meet one of the people who inspired me to start this blog.
Ms. Marmite Lover talked about her background, family and motivations and I totally felt like a creepy stalker because I'd already read about most of the stuff on one of her blogs. I asked her the very bloggy question about what kind of camera she uses and she doesn't have a fancy one, just some cheap Canon! Take a look at the pictures on her site and tell me what you think.
The book is very luxurious, chintzy and dotted with pretty little drawings, I like that more than a third of it is tips, autobiography and research - ultimately I could probably find all of the recipes on the internet for free if I wanted to, but this extra effort is really worth the price. It's so personal and juicy! And obviously I'm planning to cook from it.
I should probably have asked politely if I could take a picture, focused and framed it properly, but then I remembered that I'm really shy, pulled out out my Blackberry and then ran away. Loser!

1 comment:

  1. NO! No way you a loser son, you got an "au naturelle" shot of the lady in question. Paparazzo is quietely sulking in the corner, about to get arrested, cause he ordered a contract hit on you, from an undercover policewoman, who pretended to be a feminist murderer campaigning for equal rights for murderers in the underworld.

    ReplyDelete