Sunday 23 September 2012

Orange Bread

I've been watching a lot of Great British Bake Off (who hasn't), and while I always assumed that it was a great motivator to get in there and 'experiment' in the kitchen. But honestly kittens, I don't think I have the personality for it. This is why I will always cook from recipes.
I made Orange Bread from Caribbean Cooking which was easy, cheap and tasty. I'm not a fan of very sweet sweets, so the slightly challenging, sophisticated (lets face reality) bitter taste of the orange rind is a winner for me. I actually used lemon rind instead, but that is as far as I'm willing to 'customise' the recipe. After the forth or fifth loaf I got cocky and attemted to swap out the orange juice and rind for strawberry pulp and powder - nasty. I can't eb bothered to type out Lambert Ortiz's recipe, but a ery similar method is here, with pictures.

Also, I'm taking some time off, I need to focus on a couple of other projects which frankly means I've stopped cooking. I might come back once in a while to give a scintillating account of some bloody sandwich I ate for dinner, but don't count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment