Thursday 4 November 2010

Birthday loot

So I had a little party a couple of weekends ago, and it's taken me this long to recover - factor in a nasty stomach bug, decorators and the boyfriend's mum moving in for a week. Or maybe I'm making that up.
My friends have all been so generous, and of course they all know me so well that I got a buttload of kitchen stuff. Check it out
A couple of mugs (Mr Happy to counteract Mr Grumpy hahahahahahahahaha)
A really interesting cookbook full of quotes from Zola - more on that later
A set of cute mini quiche tins and a fricking blowtorch! I've wanted one for a while but never had a good enough excuse to get it for myself, but I now see a lot of individual lemon meringue pies in my future.
Funny ceramic pie bird - good excuse to get a nice deep pie dish
A cast iron tortilla pan and a molcajete, both of which need to be seasoned.
Also, a cookbook I borrowed from a girl at work so many times it wasn't even subtle that I wanted it. Bad.
A pretty wooden bowl. When we first moved in to the place and I was looking for nice salad bowl, I saw lots of nice wood ones I wanted and I couldn't afford any of them. This is very welcome (but apparently not welcome enough to photograph)
And a mouli grinder from the boyfriend's brother and his girl. They can't have known that we don't have a blender yet, but I really wanted one of these instead and I don't know if you noticed, but I always seem to get what I want.
And lets not forget the normal human sized fridge that my dad got to replace the tiny loser student one we had.
Thank you so much!
All in all, great birthday xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment