Friday 16 December 2011

Christmas Sandwiches - Sainsbury's


Sainsbury's is the cheapest Christmas sandwich I encountered so far, and also they provide just a turkey and stuffing option - but I don't think I'm up to trying all the variants. Here's what it tastes like:

-Instead of a layer of mayo and slices of stuffing the two are mashed into some kind of herby special sauce
-The turkey slices are generous, tasty and not dry, but with the tell tale moist round edge of a shaped turkey loaf
-Token green is lettuce - unlike all the other contenders which have some kind fancy leaf- wilty, redundant
-Don't like the combo of the sweet cranberry and herby special sauce. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it leaves an unpleasant bitter chemical taste at the back of my tongue
-There's bacon, a nice amount

Overall it's not horribly awful, I think I prefer it to Cafe Nero, but I wouldn't have it again

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment