Sunday 6 February 2011

Bacon-Rap'd Scallops and Simon Says Salmon

I've been a bit of a layzeeass recently, and have been putting off writing up the last two of Coolio's recipes that I've tried but until I do it I can't move on to other things so hey ho, lets go.
Bacon Rap'd Scallops is one of the first dishes in the book, the legend goes that when Coolio started his catering company a client requested bacon wrapped scallops, Coolio doesn't eat pork so he improvised with 'beef bacon' which I used my incredible Google-fu skills to discover is an approximation of bresaola.
The other recipe is for baked salmon, and is meant to be made with your kids. Cute. Here's some photos.
Result:
The scallops are very good. Salty and sweet and garlicky and expensive to make.
Salmon is super plain, even though it looks kind of gross in this picture, the garlic and onion sprinkled on top are almost uncooked but the whole flavour is subtle and nice. For someone who damn near drinks chilli sauce from the bottle, it's a nice change of pace.
Coolio is cool, the book is pretty good. Next.

No comments:

Post a Comment