Wednesday 19 January 2011

Cooking with Coolio: Finger-lickin', Rib-stickin',Fall-off-the-bone-and-into-your-mouth Chicken

Yes, this is my new book and I don't feel the need to explain my decision.
But I will say this - you know when you get really drunk and wake up the next day covered in bruises, or next to some random dude, or to find that your facebook status says something like KJJJ/R#'23-8923JM9HSDJK. Well I bought this cook book, so lets just get past it.
At the risk of sounding redundant, Coolio is so cool. I had no idea that he had his own catering company or book until I saw him on Market Kitchen a few weeks ago, the book is uber-rad - when Coolio is not referring to himself in the third person he's cooking dishes that makes women's underwear disappear and tastes better than your mother's nipples (I swear to God you guys, srsly!!!).
Now, tell me, what common dish these random ingredients all feature in?
I couldn't find any chicken wings in the supermarket so had to get thighs instead, chopped up a couple of peppers, garlic and an onion, and started weighing out the wet ingredients. I've never bought cream of chicken soup before and in the can it looked like this
-like fricking custard! And you know what? IT TASTED LIKE CUSTARD TOO!!!!
Anyway, you mix all that stuff up and shove it in the oven for a while.
Result: The sauce was way too water, it didn't thicken up at all, if anything it got more and more diluted which I think happened because thighs have more fat than wings would have done. Oh, and it makes your whole house reek of vinegar.
The taste is very nice, but more so the next day when you can smear a piece of toast with the jellyfied sauce and make yourself a chicken sandwich.
Just in case you were wondering, I checked, and my panties did not dissolve from eating this. I asked the boyfriend if it tasted better than nipples and he said no. So there you go, as comprehensive as you can get. Here's Coolio cooking the dish and messing about with some fat kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment