Wednesday 2 March 2011

Part three - Uzska

Uzska are the traditional Polish dumplings served either bobbing along in borscht or on their own. I bought this fantabulous gyoza press from the Japan Centre when I was(seriously, I pretty much cleaned that place out)
which makes the process a lot simpler. Just make a dough, kind of like a pasta dough but with sour cream mixed in, roll out - you don't need a pasta machine for this - cut little circles out, place the circles in the press (with a teaspoon of the filling) and squash together. Perfect every time. The filling is meant to be either mushroom or beef - I used both and served them with a beetroot and green apple salad and a scoop of horseradish cream, sprinkled with yuzu ponzu.
This was the most successful dish of the night, most people had seconds (maybe I was just super stingy with the portions?)
And of course, the most important lesson learned was that all food tastes better when eaten off of Royal wedding commemorative plates
It should have been me!

No comments:

Post a Comment