Saturday 2 October 2010

A new place to hang my hat

So here's what happened - for the first week in our flat we had no internet access. The my loaned us his wifi dongle, but for some reason it wouldn't let us into any hot and nasty adult sites, of which blogspot is apparently one. I lost the cable that connects my camera to my laptop in the move. I spilled water on my phone and it stopped taking pictures. I was really really busy at work after my 'holiday', and clearly the universe was conspiring to keep me from posting anything. My car broke down, we ran out of gas, there was an earthquake, a terrible flood, it wasn't my fault!
We got broadband finally today, and I used my stupid chicken brain to discover that I can just take the memory card out of the camera, I don't need a cable to get my pictures. I put my phone in a bag of rice for a couple of days and it dried up and totally works again, I'm pretty much back in business (but nobody reads this blog anyway, so it doesn't matter).
This is my new kitchen, it's actually in the contract that we're not allowed to change the colour of the walls, and check out the baby fridge, yikes!
and this is what I've been furnishing it with
Like a robbed a frickin' little kid's tea party! I'm sure all of this crap won't seem so cute in a couple of months, but this is the deliberate look I'm cultivating. Every time I come home with shopping bags the boyfriend rolls his eyes, moans and says 'Well, what fresh new fuckery is this?' and then I give him a little present
I'm also kind of into demented salt and pepper shakers at the moment. Nobody I know keeps these on their dining room table, they're not very fashionable and it's kind of a chore to fill them. I guess if you're cooking for yourself you'll just add salt and pepper in the kitchen, right? Well yes, that's why I got 4 of them
One's for salt, duh, one's for white pepper, one's for sumac (kind of sweet, lemony and peppery at the same time, I'm addicted to putting it on salads), and the last one for cayenne. I had a little daydream about having like 20 shakers lined up on the table filled with all different kinds of pepper, and I would, of course, always select just the right one for my meal. What a buffoon I'm turning into...

No comments:

Post a Comment