Monday 17 January 2011

Salt and Pepper Tofu and Crab with Lemon, Parsley and Chilli

My final two dishes from the Marie Claire book are both semi deep-fried and semi really quite fresh. I hate hate hate deep frying crap - it's almost like daring yourself to have an accident, a deadly serious accident.
Anyway, I started by marinading the tofu in ginger, garlic and lemon the night before, then you roll it around in Szechwan pepper, cornflour and salt, deep fry and serve with a cool, sweet, spicy cucumber sauce.
I accidentally made these too salty (that's a serious accident in my book), but they were still pretty nice and I might make them again just to munch on while I'm watching 'my stories'... on a Saturday night.
The second other thing I made was these little fried toasts covered with a mix of crab, lemon and parsley. I use tinned crab and it was meh. It was also one of the few recipes in the book that didn't end with the ominous 'serve immediately'.
There are a few heartier and less fussy things in the book like muffins and salad, there are also drink recipes - classic cocktails and lighter things like punch which looked interesting, but I'm just over it and I want to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment