Monday 2 January 2012

Elopitta - Olive Bread


This is another bit of my Christmas haul. A lot of vegetarian books have come out lately, and I'd really like to expand my repertoire. I know that you don't make friends with salad, but I don't need any more friends, I have the perfect amount.
Another thing I got for Christmas is a Panasonic bread maker. I've made a couple of successful loaves in the past but making bread is a really stressful experience for me. Working out how dry yeast works is like some kind of voodoo magic trick. The smartest thing for me to do might be to embrace technology.
You mix up the dough, let it rise, mix in the olives and herbs, rise again, shape, rise one more time and bake.
The result is an absolutely amazing, chewy, soft bread.
I was really down in the dumps after my Nordic Bakery semi failures, so this really cheered me up. Yes, bread makes me feel good now apparently, no wonder I need to go on a diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment