Thursday 5 January 2012

Sopa de Aguacate - Avocado Soup

So this is my diet, mine and the boyfriend's diet - every day I go to work, fend for myself for breakfast and lunch, the boyfriend studies at home, does whatever mystery things that men do when they're on their own (PS3? I know it's PS3), and then in the evening we come together and have soup for dinner. Austerity soup.
Day one:
The first one is probably the simplest 'recipe' I've ever seen. These are the ingredients.
Before I get any haters hating, I fully agree that stock cubes are inferior to stock, I don't care. I came home at 22:00 today, and at 22:05 this soup was ready. I'm not exaggerating, and I don't want to 'give the secret away' or anything but all you do is blend the avocadoes with stock and heat.
I'm servicng these with some home made tortilla chips (deep fry cut up tortilla wraps). This soup is very virtuous but rich at the same time. The avocado is creamy and fresh and the soup is surprisingly filling and much better than the sum of it's parts (obviously it tastes like whatever your stock tastes like, I'm going to try a few different powdered ones to find the most pleasant). Hot avocado is a new one on me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment