Sunday 4 October 2009

Espinacas con Garbanzos y Cebollas


I got this book for Christmas from the boyfriend's brother and his girlfriend. Every time they've given me a present it's been really thoughful and nice. I always get them shit gifts in comparison, but obviously that's just because my life is an open book, I'm easy to buy for, and I have such generosity of spirit! I will be thinking about how great I am later on as well as I eat the cookies they bought in a monastery in Seville and brought back from Spain for me.
I didn't read the recipe properly so didn't realise I had to roast the 12 cherry tomatoes for an hour. WTF? This dish is a crazy elaborate for something made out of 4 ingredients. I fried them in a separate pan until they softened. And I used about at 12th of the amount of oil specified because olive oil doesn't make me all that jazzed.
Result:My dad and his wife don't really eat spinach because of it's anticoagulant properties and they have 'arthritis', sorry - arthritis. I tried to find fennel to use instead of spinach, but it may be out of season. Or maybe I'm making that up, anyway, they tried it. It tasted fresh, like fresh spinach and tomatoes, you know, healthy. There is an easy way to make this simple dish, the recipe for the hard way is below

No comments:

Post a Comment