Sunday 4 October 2009

Banana Cow and Banana Daiquiri

I have a friend who doesn't like bananas (hold on, there's more to this story). We were in a Thai restaurant once, and being the delicate flower of a girl that I am, I tried to get him to share a banana fritter dessert with me. I was then that he made his revelation, accompanied by the sad tale that when he was little his sister pushed a banana up his nose, and he couldn't stand them ever since. So when I heard this I started laughing at him, obviously, and I think he got a bit annoyed (especially when I ordered the dessert anyway). The moral of the story, kids, is that I am the banana cow. This should be my signature drink. If only one of my friends had an ice cream phobia I could make fun of...
I know it's not really very good to get drunk on a Sunday, but I'm sure that when I tell people at work tomorrow that I did it for the blog, they won't mind me stumbling around and throwing up out back behind the recycling bins.

Result: It's pretty mediocre, like a milkshake with no taste other than rum. I made four times as much as the recipe suggests because I was expecting it to be awesome and so had plenty of time to think about it and consider all the flavour facets. It wasn't sweet or banana-y enough, and unlike other sub par cocktails I've had in the past, this didn't get better the more you drank. People kept asking me for a taste, but I valiantly decided that this was my cross to bear and had to keep shooing them away from the blender.
My disappointment naturally necessitated the compilation of another cocktail, the banana daiquiri has lemons instead of milk in it, and it was much better. I was pretty tipsy and tired by now, but obviously if it has bananas AND lemons in it, it must be good for you and so I felt I had a duty to myself to drink it.
It was a perfect mix, a real girl's drink, and why don't I order this in the pub next time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment